Windows Bootloader App

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have installed PSoC Creator and the bootloader app bootloader_host.exe work fine. To deploy the product I need this app to work without a full installation of PSoC Creator. Is this possible or do I have to make my own App?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently the Bootloader App comes bundled with PSoC Creator installation. It can not run as a stand alone GUI. However, you can create your own Bootloader App that can run stand alone. An Application Note that discusses the same will be available soon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently the Bootloader App comes bundled with PSoC Creator installation. It can not run as a stand alone GUI. However, you can create your own Bootloader App that can run stand alone. An Application Note that discusses the same will be available soon.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does soon mean? Three months since orginal post - still no app note I can find. If Cypress are not going to support required function you should say so then we can change to parts that provide the features we need. Saying something will be available "soon" and then not providing it means that in future Cypress will be low on the list of preferred supplier in the future.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have developed a USB Bootloader solution that provides a GUI that can be used to Bootload PSoC3/PSoC5 device via USB. PSoC3 device uses HID driver for this purpose and it does not need any additional driver. I have attached the source code of the USB Bootloader GUI and a prelimnary version of the App Note drafct here. This App Note will be availabe soon on the PSoC3 App Note page, until then you can use this document and the GUI that is tested work on Windows XP 32 bit and Windows 7 32 bit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The source code for the C# based GUI is attached here. It was developed using Visual Studio 2008. The executable for the GUI can be found in "USB_Bootloader\USB_Bootloader\bin\Debug" or "USB_Bootloader\USB_Bootloader\bin\Release". 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks. I wil try to implement it.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am attempting to implement a PSOC USB bootloader & bootloadable using your app note but I keep getting an error on the bootloader host:

"The bootloader reported error 'The flash row is not valid is not valid for the selected array'

I'm certain that I followed the instructions for building both sides, am I missing something?

I'm hoping I can get some help to resolve this quickly, my product ship date is coming up (too) soon.

TIA,

-Larry

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the quickest way is to create a support case with cypress and upload the project for them to test. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have attached the Bootloader and the Bootloadable project that is built using PSoC Creator 1.0 . I have also attached a custom Bootloader host here. 

If any issue continues to exist let us know or raise a case with Cypress CRM support to get the issue resolved.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have opened a case.

I'm actually using the USB Bootloader project that I believe I found on this thread, about 1 -2 weeks ago  - unless I'm not looking in the right place  I don't see one attached to this thread now - all I see is a .pdf.

Anyway, I'm running this on the CY8CKit-001 with a CY8C3866AXI-040 (ES2).

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attaching the Bootloader project and Application here.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, I was able to get the example working and can now customize for my application.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad that it helped. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback or anything that you would like to see in the USB Bootloader Application. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are currently trying to build a bootloadable application  with the instructions of document 69848.

So far, the PSoC Creator part works perfectly and your c# example does the job fine.

But in order to customize the c# tool to our needs,  we try to build a it on our own, but were not able to get it running yet.

Can you please attach your example source code here again? Seems like it was posted before, but somehow was removed later.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We will be releasing the App Note with improved content soon. It will have the source code also attached with it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Bootloader Application Note will be made available anytime soon on the web.

0 Likes