Development Board for EZ-USB FX3 USB 3.0 chip Information

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will the development board information be released?

I understand there are many more important customers in line for this development board, but with the development board information perhaps we smaller fish can get started up the learning curve.

Even if I can't purchase 5 chips now, I can get the design process going so when chips are available we will be further ahead. Better still, are there "solder samples" available in the same FBGA form factor so we can work out manufacturing issues now?

Anybody else in the same boat I am in? I know everyone is clamoring for these devices; just keep in mind where the true innovation happens, more often than not it isn't in the labs of the corporate giants but in the labs of the smaller innovators, in the Universities; anywhere innovation is enabled.

Throw us a bone why don't you?

David W.

Melbourne, Florida

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey David,

In order to get more information for the FX3, your best bet would be to contact your local Sales Rep. They would have more information about obtaining samples etc.

I understand your situation but unfortunately, the DVKs will only be freely available at the end of the year. We look forward to working with all the exciting and innovative applications that all our customers will bring to the table!

-Anup

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any reference scematics and PCB design guidelines for developing custom boards for FX3?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the schematic of the FX3 DVK BOARD.

You can download it from the forum post: http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&rID=52283

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a manual (like  the guetting start manual for the FX2) which describes connectors, switches jumper positions of the dev board ...

Best Regards,

Pascal

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please use the steps in http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=51892.

You should get the getting started file as part of the installation.

0 Likes