USB3.0 FX3 problem CyU3PConnectState(1, CyTrue) USB3.0 connecting fails but at USB2.0 it is successful

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a problem after the function call CyU3PConnectState(1,CyTrue) of the BulkLpAuto example the fx3 does a reset. The JTAG debugger says reconnect and can not connect to the FX3 until I reset it. If I call the function CyU3PConnectState(1, CyFalse) it does not fail. This is the USB2.0 modus and just the USB3.0 modus fails.

Why? Where is the problem?

Thanks,

Lumpi

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

in addition, I have a FX3 DVK Board Rev 1 where it works fine in both configurations USB2.0 and USB3.0. But the problem is at a self designed PCB with the FX3 where it just works at USB2.0 and not at USB3.0.

Can anybody help us?

We already checked the 1,2 Volt Rx and Tx source of the USB3.0. There is no big difference between the signal of DVK and ours. On the DVK Board you are using linear power supplies and we use switching power supplies. Can that cause the failure after connecting to USB3.0?

What else???

Thanks,

Lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lumpi

Can you share with us portions of the schematic that involve FX3? Please send your schematic to gsz@cypress.com

Ganesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its worth to check the whether the hardware guidelines mentioned in the application note http://www.cypress.com/?docID=31470 are followed

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem.  Has this been resolved?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you following all the guidelines specified in the hardware design guidelines app note?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

we have the same situation - on the Cypress Eval board both interfaces are running, but at our own design only the USB 2.0 interface is working as expected. In the meantime is there an explanation, note of possible hardware errors or something else available for the inquiring members in this topic?

Thanks for a feedback!

Cheers,

Gerd

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

sorry for the delay, we solved it. We had trobule when application is calling the CyU3PUsbConnect with super speed function. The USB3.0 phy drained too much current, so the core voltage droped down to a critical value and the core crashed. Cutting the core voltage off from the USB super speed supply voltages helped.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes