Using FX3 USB3.0 with a USB3.0 HUB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

has anybody experiences using a USB3.0 HUB and FX3?

does anybody have suggestions which hubs are working with FX3?

I have problems with e. g.

- EXSYS articel number EX-1184HMV ... link ... http://www.exsys.ch/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=701

- TRENDNET TU3-H4

thanks,

Lumpi

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

I don't have the exact list of hubs that we tested at our end with me.

I will try to find out the exact list of hubs that we tested internally.

But I am interested to know what all problems that you are seeing at your end.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sai Krishna,

I am not sure how many problems I ran into, but one of the problem is that that a NTSTATUS of the USB trasfers returns the value 0xC0000011 (STATUS_END_OF_FILE) and then no communication works until I plug off and on. Sometimes the upload of the firmware through USB works and after the API call CyU3PConnect no request are transfered and the device won't show in device manager.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one of those Trendnet TH03-H4 hubs around which is based on a VIA VL810 chip. It's working just fine so far.

Ciao, Dani

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, a typo: TU3-H4

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

my system environment is a intel core i5 (660) the OS is windows 7 64-bit.

now it works with a VIA host controller PCIx card and the exsys HUB (has a VIA chip VLI 810). But with a Renesas host contorller (chipset 720202) it won't work and always results in the 0xC0000011 error (USBD_STATUS_XACT_ERROR) when the same HUB is connected as with the VIA host conroller PCIx card used.

May be this is a bug of the renesas host controller driver. We met something like this a while ago. Renease had fixed an issue last time. Now we are thinking of contacting the support of renesas again.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I realized that the issues won't occur through the HUB, the issue just occur while using renesas or via PXIx controller or xhci stack. It won't occur when using a intel onboard USB3 host with sandy bridge. In case of the PCIx cards from renesas or via I always getting the described error return value (0xC0000011 XACT) after a while transferring lots of data IN. I can not resume anything between the connection of FX3 and host when the error was happened. Then I have to re plugin the device. Does anybody know more about the error?

thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

We have tested FX3 functionality with the USB 3.0 hubs from the following manufacturers:

VIA, TI, Genesys, SMSC.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sai Krishna,

all tests succeded and no issues with any of the written HUBs?

thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

That is the information that I got from the internal team.

Please raise a flag if you are facing any issue with the hubs that I have listed there. For that matter, any hub that you are using.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

Have you checked error counters with CyU3PUsbGetErrorCounts function?

I have noticed that with Intel onboard host there appear less errors than with add-on adapters. But, if errors appear, sooner or later USB3.0 communication breaks. See thread "SuperSpeed communication fails due to FX3 internal noise issues?"  http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=74739

br,

kalev

0 Likes