How to compile firmware  example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

I install fx3 SDK, but I did not know how to compile firmware  example using ARM-GCC& Eclipse.

Can you give me some guide how to build our application  using  fx3 sdk.

Can  you provide manual of ARM-GCC&Eclipse?

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Make sure that you have installed Eclipse IDE, ARM GCC tool chain and FX3 SDK first. Then you can import an example project from the SDK. Select the imported project and go to "Project" menu and select "Build Project".

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also refer to "Getting Started with FX3 SDK" and "FX3 Programmers Manual" for details. Both documents are provided with the SDK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have followed the "Getting Started" Document and the "FX3 Programmers Manual", and I am getting the same, consistent error for all firmware project examples included in SDK 1.2.  Below is a snippet of the error from one of the projects:

**** Build of configuration Debug for project cyfxbulklpauto_cpp ****

cs-make all 

'Building file: ../cyfx_gcc_startup.S'

'Invoking: ARM Sourcery Windows GCC Assembler'

arm-none-eabi-g++ -x assembler-with-cpp -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.2\\firmware\u3p_firmware\inc" -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -Wno-write-strings -MMD -MP -MF"cyfx_gcc_startup.d" -MT"cyfx_gcc_startup.d" -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -g3 -gdwarf-2 -o"cyfx_gcc_startup.o" "../cyfx_gcc_startup.S"

The current directory is invalid.

cs-make: *** [cyfx_gcc_startup.o] Error 1

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

maybe you do not have started the eclipse under administration rights. Try to start it under admin rights or re-install the FX3 SDK files under an other folder. Not in c: programs(x86).... try a folder which is not under control of windows (e. g. an other partition or create a new folder under C:\cypress\fx3 sdk) and try again.

regards

lumpi

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also encountered this problem:

Who can help me?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

mcufan

Make sure you have copied the projects to workspace (please see the attached image) while importing the project.

If FX3 SDk is installed in C:\Program Files (x86), you cannot build the projects in that path (windows doesn't allow that). So you will hvae to copy the project to workspace and then build it.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also encountered this kind of mistakes, but also can't solve, who can help me, thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If nothing works...try closing and opening Eclipse again or restarting the system or reinstalling the SDK.

0 Likes
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Please refer to the "Getting Started with FX3 SDK" pdf document. You can find this document in the <FX3_SDK_path>/1.3/doc/firmware folder.

0 Likes

Hi,

This is Kevin Kim in Korea.

I also encounter this kind of error messages when the directory (folder) name has space.

So I changed name directory name like this.

Before

"This is an Example"

After

"This_is_an_Example"

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kevin Kim

0 Likes