FX3 application note for USB3 Vision

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lili_1291691
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I have a project which requires FX3 to use USB3 Vision to send camera images to PC.

So, I use the FX3 firmware which use UVC as a base and try to modify to USB3 Vision. But it takes

quite a lot of effort. So, I wonder if Cypress have any application note or example code regarding FX3 to use USB3 Vision?

1 Solution
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi,

Please refer the below KBA for EZ-USB™ FX3-based HDMI-to-USB3 Vision solution:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/EZ-USB-FX3-based-HDMI-to-USB3-Vision-solut...

Regards,

Keerthy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find attached, a simple sample U3V based FX3 project and a document that explains the firmware.

Before going through this document and firmware, you are expected to have gone through the AN75779 application note where FX3 streams UVC Data from an Image sensor.

Also, regarding the host application for streaming U3V, the user has to develop his own solution or can use a 3rd party solution. Cypress currently does not offer any solution regarding host app/driver for USB 3 Vision.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Madhu Sudhan,I can't find the project and document you attached,I really need them! could you attach them again? thanks.

Regards,

-WQYAO

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi madhu

I am using the sample code what u have given for my camera.

I am trying to connect with application software (HALCON),  The command and Response mechanism is being succesfull upto XML data request. After sending the xml array, there is no any response from the application....

Also i checked with NI vision acquisition application, there it is showing XML load error.
Trying to debug....Could u give any suggestion regarding this issue.

0 Likes

How about the U3V project on FX3 now?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attaching the document.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

I can not download the document. I also need to use USB3 Vision on FX3.

Thanks & Best regards,

- Roy

0 Likes
MiMo_1155871
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post the attachment? I'm interested in U3V as well, and a design file example would be very helpful.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another request for this attachment. Just starting with a UV3 project and would also find a base design very useful.

cheers

/Tim 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,Madhu Sudhan,I can't find the project and document,I really need them! where i can get these files or could you attach them again?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 
I have taken the sample code and I can find that my camera is being enumerated as Usb3visioncamera.

Now I am trying to do sensor interfacing, but unable to stream...Is there any sensor interfacing application with U3V? 
Or, Is there any sample video streaming project??

I am using HALCON demo and A&B soft sdk as third party driver...

And I found that Event interface descriptors and implementation is commented..
If I try to enable my device is not being enumerated as u3v device.!!

0 Likes
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi,

Please refer the below KBA for EZ-USB™ FX3-based HDMI-to-USB3 Vision solution:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/EZ-USB-FX3-based-HDMI-to-USB3-Vision-solut...

Regards,

Keerthy

0 Likes