Disabling MCU power save and AMPDU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CaWo_1798781
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Recently ran into a problem after migrating to 3.1.0 from 2.4.1

When WICED_DISABLE_MCU_POWERSAVE is defined, power-cycling the board will bring it into a state shown below:

Starting WICED v3.1.0

Platform BCM943362WCD4 initialised

Started ThreadX v5.6

Initialising NetX v5.7_sp1

Creating Packet pools

Could not set AMPDU parameters

Error 2 while starting WICED!

The application used is snip/apsta (same behaviour on other applications)

I am not sure whether this is related to platform restructuring in 3.1.0, and whether this is intentional/intended behaviour. My suspicion comes from the following statement in WICED/WWD/internal/chips/43362A2/wwd_ap.c:

"For SDK 3.0, and beyond, each chip will need it's own function for setting AMPDU parameters."

Any ideas, tips, or pointers to better understand the problem and why it's behaving this way is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Did you resolve your issue? Do you need any help?

Seyhan

0 Likes

Seyhan,

We've worked around the issue by simply not using the define.

However, this issue still exists as of 3.1.1, on a BCM943362WCD4

0 Likes
cogoc_1937206
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Just adding a cross-reference to this thread: Are interrupts ever disabled by WICED?  where using the WICED_DISABLE_MCU_POWERSAVE macro was suggested.  I've tested the macro and confirmed the same behaviour described here -- radio fails to initialize properly following a power-reset when this macro is defined.  Tests were performed using BCM943362WCD4, WICED 3.1.2, and "snip.apsta-BCM943362WCD4 download".

Cheers!

0 Likes