Unable to communicate with an EINK display

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm facing some issues while interfacing with an E-Ink display. Its SPI(slave) based display module with an additional pins for the status.

I've edited the SCB SPI master example, but unable to read status response. Attached the my example app and also data sheet of the display module for your reference. I think I'm missing something stupid. Can you please help me?

Btw, I did successfully interfaced the display using our existing BLE chip.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

How Do I know which GPIO are actually assigned? Look into the .cydwr view after a succe3ssful build.

Info: mpr.M0053: Information from the design wide resources Pin Editor has overridden the control file entry for "\SPIM:sclk_m(0)\". (App=cydsfit)
This is just a note and is informing you that you are using other pins than defaulted.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What Pins have you connected to the e-ink? Port and pin as P2_1 for Busy and P2_2 for Enable.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Yes, P2[1] for busy and P2[2] for enable respectively. This is what you meant?

Attached the picture in which I circled the GPIO ports/pins used for the busy and enable.

Btw, did you check the SPI master component? Am I doing it correct?

Thanks & Regards,

Sharan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Am I missing something here? I'm confused about pins. I'm just connecting the wires between the GPIO on the dev board and display module. I don't understand the pins sorry.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharan

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

In .cydwr view you assigning real GPIO pins to your symbolic names used on your topdesign page. 8 GPIO pins are residing on a "port". The project I got from you was using GPIOs that could not be connected as you specified, but you left open the "lock pin" function. So the fitter could assign, differently from your choice, other GPIOs.

My question was: Which pins did you use for SPI (MISO, MOSI and sss)? Do not circle them, just write Px_y

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Okay, I'm connecting the wires to the display as follows:

MISO: P0_1

MOSI: P0_0

CLK: P0_3

SS: P0_2

>> So the fitter could assign, differently from your choice, other GPIOs.

How Do I know which GPIO are actually assigned?

But now when I lock them on the .cydwr I get the following Notes. I'm not sure what they mean.

Info: mpr.M0053: Information from the design wide resources Pin Editor has overridden the control file entry for "\SPIM:sclk_m(0)\". (App=cydsfit)
Info: mpr.M0053: Information from the design wide resources Pin Editor has overridden the control file entry for "\SPIM:miso_m(0)\". (App=cydsfit)
Info: mpr.M0053: Information from the design wide resources Pin Editor has overridden the control file entry for "\SPIM:mosi_m(0)\". (App=cydsfit)
Info: mpr.M0053: Information from the design wide resources Pin Editor has overridden the control file entry for "\SPIM:ss0_m(0)\". (App=cydsfit)

Thanks & Regards,

Sharan

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

How Do I know which GPIO are actually assigned? Look into the .cydwr view after a succe3ssful build.

This is just a note and is informing you that you are using other pins than defaulted.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

I checked the .cydwr, the ports and pins are exactly same as the default ones.

Attaching the screen shot for your reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharan

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Do not leave the open the "lock pin" function.Lock them otherwise every time you will build or run your application, different pins will be assigned by fitter in PSoC Creator.You can look which pins are assigned by going to .cydwr by fitter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes I already tried locking the the ports. But didn't make any difference. Also I've not observed the auto assigning to different ports after the build, I always see the same ports and pins.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharan

0 Likes