CX3: Adding new windowed resolution for camera sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having some issues trying to add a new windowed resolution with the FX3 SDK.  We are using the CX3 dev kit by e-con systems.

In the Cypress EZ USB Suite, I am able to import a project and get the camera running, but I am having some issues adding new resolution settings.  I'd like to use the maximum resolution, but at an unusual aspect ratio.  The camera is the OV5640, which has a max resolution of 2592x1944, but I'd like to use this at a 6:1 or 4:1 aspect ratio.  I'd like to do this so that we can get higher frame rates at the max resolution.

When opening the ".cycx" file, I can see the settings, but the file is not editable.  Is there a way to add a new resolution entry to this file?  It looks like it is locked or something.  Any help or hints would be great.

I've attached screen shots of the issue.   The + and - buttons to add configurations are locked out for some reason.

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please use the updated version of the FX3 SDK. I get this option at my end. 

Please try: a) by creating a new configuration with a different name (select predefined configuration in the config utility with a different name for the project). Please see in the snapshot about where to make changes.

b) You can use basic and custom mode as well to set your setting in the tool. 

0 Likes