Generic Drivers Available for CY7C637 Wireless USB Transceiver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello.   

Does Cyprus provide generic drivers for the Cy7C637 chip for sending and receiving data with a USB transceiver?   

If not, is there clear documentation available to develop this?   

Many thanks!   
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi dorsher,   

I think you've posted in the wrong forum. The CY7C637* devices are low-speed wired USB peripheral MCUs.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello syf:   

You are probably right, although our use of the CY7C637 is used in a USB wireless transceiver.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I see what you mean.   

Your best bet is to use the HID class driver that is built into most operating systems.   

BTW, if this is a new development, I suggest that you use the newer CY7C638xx series of devices (the enCoRe II family). If you are using it in conjunction with a WirelessUSB radio for HID applications, then your best bet is to check out the CY4636 Keyboard Mouse Reference Design Kit. It shows you how to configure the enCoRe II MCU to enumerate as a USB HID device for native support in most operating systems.   

Can you tell me what your application is? I may be able to provide better guidance on what Cypress technologies and products would suit your needs.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello Syf:   

This is for creating a custom driver for an already existing commercially available product. It is for X10's wireless transceiver, model CM19A. Unfortunately, we cannot use a different chip or reprogram it as a result. The device itself is not a HID device, so I don't think that the HID class drivers for Windows will be able to send/receive data from it.   

Hopefully I am not violating use of the forum, but I have to ask: Can I compensate you to guide me via the phone for a solution (US resident).   

Many thanks!   
0 Likes