RS232 Master and Slave not connecting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello.   
I am an undergraduate student working on a project to create a wireless remote control. My professor has given me a CY3653 development kit. We are planning to use the Wierless USB module to for the remote . The data to be transmitted will be sent to the Wireless USB module via a serial RS232 connection.   
Before moving on to the RS232 examples, I decided to try out the other examples.   
The WUSB modules came pre programmed with the protocol tutorial which worked perfectly. I programmed them with the radio tutorial program, it also worked fine.(I am using PSoc Designer v4.4 with the HiTEC Lite compiler).The problems started when I tried to program the protocol tutorials and the RS232 Master- Slave programs.   
But the to modules are unable to connect with each other.   
Since the radio tutorial is working perfectly fine, there is no problem with the software.   
Can someone please advise me on this issue.   

-Arnav   
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Arnav,   

You said "The problems started when I tried to program the protocol tutorials and the RS232 Master- Slave programs." What do you mean by that? Did you actually create a new PSoC project that has a UART user module and also has the wireless protocol, or did you just program the code for the two projects into the PSoC one after the other?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        You might want to try PSoC Designer 4.2.   

I believe CY3635 was created with PSoC Designer 4.2 which used an early ImageCraft C compiler. PSoC Designer 4.4 ships with a later ImageCraft C compiler version or with the HiTech C compiler.   

The old ImageCraft compiler ordered bit fields backwards from the way the other two compilers do them. Depending on the assembler/C firmware design, code on one side may be expecting data in a format different from what's being put together by the other side.   
0 Likes