Difficulty in Debugging

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi   

I am experiencing this error while trying to compile my main.c. After consulting the IDE Guide and user manual I have found very vague explanations of this error. I hope you can throw some light on this. I use PSoC designer 5.0 SP4 and CY82C29466-24PVXI   

The error message is as follows:   

Generating test2 project...   

Starting MAKE...   
creating project.mk   

lib/adc.asm   

process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cpsoc.exe --msgdisable=845: off --asmlist --errformat --chip=CY8C29466 --WARN=0 --OPT=asm,9 -C -q -I./lib -IC:/PROGRA~1/Cypress/Common/CY3E64~1/tools/include/CY8C29~1 -Olib/obj/adc.obj lib/adc.asm, ...) failed.   

make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.   

C:\PROGRA~1\Cypress\Common\CY3E64~1\tools\make: *** [lib/obj/adc.obj] Error 2   

test2 - 1 error(s) 0 warning(s) 11:17:58   
0 Likes
4 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        Which compiler are you using, Imagecraft or HiTech? If HiTech, do you have the Pro version of the compiler? If you have PSD5.0 SP4a, then this version does not have a free C compiler which may cause this error. Upgrade to the latest PSD5.0 SP4.5. This version has a free Imagecraft C compiler.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Yes, this is the error which you get when no compiler is there. Upgrading to PD5.0 SP4.5 will resolve the issue as it has free ImageCraft compiler.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi   

Thanks graa and sgup. Turns out I was using SP4a. Have switched to SP4.5. Problem Solved   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to know that problem got resolved

0 Likes