PSOC3 DFB questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I'm trying to understand how the DFB actually works.   

Am I correct in that the "sampling" rate for the filter is   
actually the rate at which you load new data to the block   
and that the block itself crunches out the result in however many   
clock cycles it takes to do however many taps there are?   
If so, what is the source clock?   

I spent some time looking through docs and such and it just   
didn't seem clear to me on how these blocks work.   

Thanks in advance for any response.   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The DFB runs off the same system clock as the processor, and works just as you surmise. When a new sample is available in one of the input registers, it gets 'crunched' by whatever algorithm is loaded into the DFB's control store, and the result deposited in an output register. The DFB then typically enters an idle state waiting for the next sample.   

Out of interest, what are you thinking that you might deploy the DFB to do in a PSoC3-based system?   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The DFB runs off the same system clock as the processor, and works just as you surmise. When a new sample is available in one of the input registers, it gets 'crunched' by whatever algorithm is loaded into the DFB's control store, and the result deposited in an output register. The DFB then typically enters an idle state waiting for the next sample.   

Out of interest, what are you thinking that you might deploy the DFB to do in a PSoC3-based system?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks for the input kvcp! Planning on doing some secondary filtering of a sampled   
system. Also seems handy to use this to filter a vector of data collected in non-realtime   
application, since one would know the original sample rate.   
0 Likes