CY4672 RDK and PSoC Designer 5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello,   
I wasn't sure if this is the proper forum to post questions about problems with the CY4672 RDK I was having, if not, please let me know where to post and I'll do so.   

Essentially, I want to try and build the firmware for the various wireless usb components in this RDK. The supplied CD came with PSoC Designer 4.4, but the installer gave me an few errors:   
1 popup error message: "Error reading setup initialization file"   
2nd popup error message: "1158:"   

Helpful I know, but it only gets better.   
The RDK release notes explicitly mentions the development was using Designer 4.4 with PD44SP1 Build 111.   

Anyhow, I had no choose but to download and try Designer 5. During the project conversion process Designer 5 does to the .SOC file, it creates some backups of the boot template and various other files.   
In the end, when when I try to build the keyboard firmware, the linker complains about the following:   
Linking with linkfile   
-F0x30 -g -blit:0xa9.0x1fff   
-bdata:0.0xFF -bSSCParmBlk:0x00F7.0x00FF   
-o"output/proc_lp_rdk_keyboard"   
./obj/aes128common.o ./obj/aes128encrypt.o ./obj/battery.o ./obj/encrypt.o ./obj/encryptrand.o ./obj/flash.o ./obj/isr.o ./obj/keyboard.o ./obj/lpnonstreaming.o ./obj/lpradio.o ./obj/lpspi.o ./obj/mfgtest.o ./obj/notify.o ./obj/protocol.o ./obj/sysparam.o ./obj/timer.o ./obj/timer_a.o   
C:/Cypress/WIRELE~1/CY4672~1.0/firmware/SOURCE~1/Keyboard/PROC_L~1/PROC_L~1/lib/libPSoc.a -LC:/PROGRA~1/Cypress/Common/CYPRES~3/tools/lib/SMM C:/PROGRA~1/Cypress/Common/CYPRES~3/tools/lib/CY7C60100/cms.a C:/PROGRA~1/Cypress/Common/CYPRES~3/tools/lib/SMM/UASW/NoMAC/arith.a   
ilinkm8c.exe -u ./obj/boot.o @linkfile   
    !E          (297): area 'text' not large enough     
want size 33     
lo 8180 hi 8191 size 12     
!E            (297): area 'text' not large enough      
want size 341      
lo 8180 hi 8191 size 12      
!E              (297): area 'text' not large enough       
want size 29       
lo 8180 hi 8191 size 12       
!E                (297): area 'text' not large enough        
want size 17        
lo 8182 hi 8191 size 10       

C:\PROGRA~1\Cypress\Common\CYPRES~3\tools\make: *** [output/proc_lp_rdk_keyboard.rom] Error 1   

I have a hunch that the highlighted portion pertains to my flashsecurity.txt file, but I have no clue.   

Heres what that file looks like BTW:   

; 0 40 80 C0 100 140 180 1C0 200 240 280 2C0 300 340 380 3C0 (+) Base Address   

W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 0   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 400   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 800   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address C00   
; End 4K parts   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 1000   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 1400   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 1800   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W U ; Base Address 1C00   
; End 8K parts   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 2000   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 2400   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 2800   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 2C00   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 3000   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 3400   
W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W ; Base Address 3800   
W W W W W W W W W W W W U W W W ; Base Address 3C00   

Any information would be much obliged if someone has run into a similar problem.   

-Victor   
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello Carva,   

It is a known issue that CY4672 RDK firmware gives errors when you try to build the code in PD5.0. Cypress Engineers are working on a permanent fix for these issues. However, you should be successfully able to build the code in PD4.4 if you have installed it properly after reading the release notes. Can you try installing the PD4.4 again from this location?   
    http://www.cypress.com/?rid=36833    

Regards,   
Anitha   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Antg,   
The software archive was exactly was I needed. Thanks for the link.   
However, now I try to build the project using PD4.4 and it's complaining about my compiler license.   
I've come across other posts that in PD5.0, the ImageCraft compiler is free and comes bundled with the installer. This seems to be separate for PD4.4, am I s*** out of luck once again?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello Carva,   

You did the right thing by creating a technical support case for this. We cannot provide you the compiler license in forum. I will give you the compiler license in the tech support case itself since I am handling that case 🙂   

Regards,   
Anitha   
0 Likes