Does PSoC Creator allow on-chip hardware to be re-wired during runtime?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The headers just about say it all. Do the PSoC chips and PSoC creator allow you to wire up a bunch of the on-board resources to perform one function and then have your program re-wire them while running to perform a different function?   

For instance, suppose you're designing a modem to be used over simplex radio. (Simplex is where you take turns transmitting and receiving, as compared to full-duplex where you transmit and receive at the same time.)   

Can you use all the op-amps on the chip to receive audio and decode it to digital data and then re-wire some of the op-amps to generate audio from your digital data when you switch to transmit?   
0 Likes
4 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        I believe dynamic reconfiguration will be supported in a future version of PSoC Creator, but not sure about the time frame.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks, I hope they do. For most of my purposes, that would be the equivalent of doubling the analog and digital blocks. I almost never do lots of things simultaneously, it's usually more like measure, compute, transmit, listen for instructions and then repeat. If I could re-configure between each stage, I'd have the entire chip's assets available for each phase.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC Designer definitely support dynamic reconfiguration. Thanks.

0 Likes
PatrickK_71
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 likes received 10 questions asked

As it is a more mature hardware and software eco system, PSoC 1 and PSoC Designer have a well thought out and easy to use methodology for real time reconfiguration. In fact I demonstated this at the Field Programmabel Technology Conference in December. If you search on dynamic reconfugration as the keywords on the CYpress site, you will come up with numerous articles, documents and application note.

Cheers,

Patrick

0 Likes