Getting started

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I'm master's student and would like to join in contest, however I've few questions:

1. Until what time do I need to have design assets ready? or is it that I can submit it anytime until May?

2. Can I work in team with one of my friend?

3. Any general getting started you think is helpful

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about my delayed reply, I was out of the office last week.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) To participate in the contest, you must submit a conceptual design by January 10, 2011.  This consists of an abstract, title and block diagram.  We will choose the top 100 entries, and those will advance to phase 2. 

2) The rules state only one person per entry, no explicit teams.  Realistically, you can do whatever you want behind the scenes but only one person will be acknowledged as the winner.

3) If you are new to PSoC 5 and PSoC Creator, I recommend starting with some of our online training.  You can find a lot of training at www.cypress.com/go/training.  Also, we have a Design Challenge getting started page that has not only trainings, but useful documentation.  That can be accessed at http://www.cypress.com/?id=3298

And finally, all official design challenge rules can be found at http://www.cypress.com/?id=3304

Regards,

Bobby

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bobby,

In the rules it indicates that you have to send your final project and the included hardware in to Cypress (if you win). One of the components that I want to use is pretty expensive, and I could not afford to send it to Cypress.

Could you clarify this rule?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

We do have a requiement to send in your design for our panel of judges to evaluate the at the final stage.

We can return our prototype once the judging is completed.

Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.

Cheers,
Jon

0 Likes