CY8CKIT-MiniProg3 debug problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running a C based application on PSoC Creator for PSoC3 based board.I applied three breakpoints to debug the code.In this process,when i stepped into  the code at the third breakpoint using "step into" debug option,the control is swicthing to a disassembly code rather than the C-code instruction.Any help to solve this is appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are only seeing this when you transition from the 2nd to 3rd breakpoint? (1st to 2nd appears to function normal)?

Can you post the code around the 3rd breakpoint, or perhaps post a screenshot of what's happening in the debugger?

-Bobby

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karts,

Did you try using "Step over" function (F10) rather than using "Step into" function (F11)?

Creator supports upto 7 Hardware breakpoints, beyond which software breakpoints will be available.

Regards,

dasg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karts,

Did you try using "Step over" function (F10) rather than using "Step into" function (F11)?

Creator supports upto 7 Hardware breakpoints, beyond which software breakpoints will be available.

Regards,

dasg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bobby and @dasg - thanks for the reply.

For now, i dont see this issue again.After Step into(F11) the function i am using Step over(F10) to execute instructions.So,not really sure why i had an issue earlier.

For information sake,can you please tell me how to set hardware breakpoints on PSoC Creator.I am assuming the break points(coloured in red) on the IDE are software breakpoints.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karts,

The red dot which appears is the hardware breakpoint.

The breakpoints can be set using the Breakpoints Window. This can be opened by:

Debug > Windows > Breakpoints.

Or, the breakpoints can also be set by clicking on the grey column to the left side of the statement which requires the breakpoint.

When all the hardware breakpoints are exhausted, then software breakpoints will be available.

You can find more elaborate explaination on this from the Help section of PSoC Creator:

Help > Topics > Using the Debugger

Regards,

dasg

0 Likes