Top 100 Designs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for selecting my design among the top 100!  

But I cant see it in the list of entries!! Why is that??

Regards,

PSoC_Guru

0 Likes
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have recived a mail where say

"Congratulations, you have been selected as one of the top 100 designs. You will be shipped a PSoC 5 Development kit to use in building out your prototype for Phase 2 of the contest. Please verify your shipping address in your user profile to ensure that the kit reaches you promptly. "

But I'm not in the web page of entries. There are someone that can explain me.

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My master list doesn't include Cypress website handles, just the actual email addresses.

Is it possible for you to post the name of your design submission?  That will allow me to do a little digging.

-Bobby

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, the title is: "The Ear of the City"

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

When will the dev-kits be shipped? I want to allocate some time...

BR

Robert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bobby,

Well thanks for selecting my design. I am looking forward to receiving my kit.

Just like a few other people I cant find my design in the top 100 list that has been published.

My design was  The PSOC 5 phone : or mobile development platform and it was entered under my name Nick Ray and my email address is n.ray@tangray.nl 

By the way I have just changed my address in my profile. When are the kist goinf to be sent out ???

many thanks 

Nick

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone received their kit yet?

It might be helpful for everyone involved to let everyone else know then they've received their kit and where the participant is located.  This might help set expectations on kit arrivals times (especially for the geographical outliers).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No kit yet. I from Virginia, USA..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea. I am from Holland, Europe and have not yet received a kit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a list of designs which were selected rather than the full list of entries?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, Just now, I recived an email that said that my country is not in the list of countries that can participate. For that, my entrie is not between the 100 selected.

I want to show my apologies for my mistake. I read the Rules of contest very fast and I had an mistake in the interpretation of witch countries could participate.

Thanks you for your time and congratulation for the design challenge PSoC5.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bobby,

I also got an email stating the following : "it was discovered that your address is outside of the valid countries for participants in this design". But I live in the US!

I filled out my profile details as New York, India by mistake. I corrected it to New York, USA in Jan 2011. My apologies for the error but this was obviously a typo since there is no New York State in India (lol).

Anyways, is there some way to resolve this problem so that I will be eligible for Phase 2? I would really appreciate if you can help me out here..

Regards,

PSoC_Guru

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sir Bobby,

May we know which entries are in the Top 100?

Mine is still in "process" status?

Hope to join the contest.

Thanks

E^3

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I received an e-mail saying my design proposal is selected for Phase One. Cypress will send me a kit for Phase Two. However, I can't find my design in the 100 list.

Today, I got an e-mail saying that my address (Hong Kong) is outside of valid countries for the game. I did not see any information regarding countries when I submitted the proposal. This is very disappointed. You might encounter my case if you can't find your design in the list!

I don't understand why the arrangement is so bad!

Suktan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Cypress was very clear on the rules and eligibility. I am copying the text below :

• THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO; CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC; GERMANY AND THE UNITED KINGDOM.  IF YOU LIVE IN A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES,  CANADA, GERMANY OR THE UNITED KINGDON, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CYPRESS DESIGN CHALLENGE.
  •    
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

So as many of you I am still awaiting for my kit. But also was wondering has anyone been able to make updates to their designs?

I know that we are expected to upload a video to our design page, but I can't figure out how to do this since without being able to update my design. Any sugestions?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

All,

Sorry for my delayed reply, I have been traveling this week.  I do have several updates.

First, the 100 winners are the posted designs on the Cypress website.  That is the correct list.  

Second, I have to appoligize that it appears we made an error on the winner emails.  The original email went out using an old list, one that had not yet been scrubbed for eligable countries.  This was a very poor mistake, which I am very sorry was made.  Unfortuently, or rules are clear, and legally I can't change them, so I can't let entries from ineligable countries advance.  Mainly because we couldn't actually pay them anything if they won.  The list of people that were incorrectly notfied as winners is small.  We have contacted all of them via email, and offered them a heavily discounted kit and hope for their forgiveness.

Thrid, kits are shipping this week.  The first batch went out today.  The kits were held up at customs so took longer to get to use than planned.

Thank you for everyone's participation.

-Bobby

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

is there any data and circuit diagrams of the kit's? Would be very useful for preparations, to which the kit has arrived.

Regards Sascha

0 Likes