PSoC 3 Kits Updates: New PSoC 3 Development Kit Available with Production Silicon!!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

A new PSOC 3 development kit is available NOW: CY8CKIT-030 (www.cypress.com/go/cy8ckit-030)

This kit enables you to evaluate, develop and prototype high precision analog, low-power and low-voltage applications powered by Cypress’s CY8C38 high precision analog device family. Additionally, this kit supports the PSOC Expansion Board Kit ecosystem as a compatible host platform.

CY8CKIT-030 is equipped with our PSoC 3 production silicon.

This kit offers a lower cost option for PSoC 3 development compared to the PSoC 1/3/5 DVK (CY8CKIT-001 www.cypress.com/go/cy8ckit-001).

Also, kindly reminder that The PSoC 3 Processor Module (CY8CKIT-009), PSoC 1/3/5 DVK (CY8CKIT-001) and PSoC 3 First Touch Kit (CY8CKIT-003) are currently equipped with ES2 silicon.  Our Production silicon is now available, and we would like to offer our customers the opportunity to upgrade their Kits with our production silicon.  This upgrade is free of charge to our valued customers.

More details to follow of how to obtain the upgraded modules.

The upgraded module will be available starting 01-May. We will start processing orders shortly thereafter.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the CY8KIT-001. I have the PSoC 1, PSoC 3 and the Psoc 5 module. I have not been able to get very high resolution using your ADC. I have noise in the MV range. Will this upgrade enable me to get higher resolution? If so what do I need to buy?

Will the CY8KIT-001 work with this new module?

Thank You,

Philip

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OOPS, 

I forgot to ask if this will be available for the PSoC 5 family?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't wait! I just ordered two SDK's. I need precision analog input with some I/O. The board looks to good to be true. If it does what it says then the team did an excelent job. The analog on the PSoC 3 an PsoC 5 fell short on the analog side for the SDK 001 kit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

• The new development kits have the Marketing part numbers, CY8CKIT-030 and CY8CKIT-050. These kits are exactly the same, except for the silicon(PSoC3/PSoC5). CY8CKIT-030 is a PSoC3 kit and CY8CKIT-050 is a PSoC5 kit. 
  •     
  • These kits are specifically designed for analog performance. The noise floor on these kits is very low. Care has been taken to separate the analog and the digital domain, separate regulators are also available. Separate ground planes are provided. We have got very good ENOB values for ADC, infact we have achieved ENOB very close to 20 bits on this kit. Provision has been provided to add an external precision voltage reference if needed.
  •     
  • Low Power operation : These are kits are also meant to demonstrate the low power operation of PSoC3/PSoC5. In CY8CKIT-030 the PSoC3 chip is soldered to the board, this way the leakage currents are reduced significantly compared to the CY8CKIT-001. Special terminals are provided to enable the boost converter operation without much modifications. Jumpers have been provided to remove power to RS232 converter, Potentiometer and to have a single regulator for Analog and digital domain and evaluate the low power operation of PSoC3.
  •     
  • It has got an onboard progrrammer(Cypress USB chip based), which lets you program PSoC3/PSoC5 without connecting Miniprog3. Provision has been provided to program using Miniprog3 as well.
  •    
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

CY8CKIT-030 is available now

CY8CKIT-050 will be available by the middle of May

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PSoC - 30 board is fantastic. Cypress did an excelent job on the analog side. I was unaware about the PSoC -50 board. I am looking for the Psoc 5 with the same analog stability. I looked at the 12 bit high speed SAR AD. It was not implemented in the PSoC 3 family as yet.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed 030 kit is a good one for analog performace. The unique layout design and power scheme lets you achieve this. The CY8CKIT-050 has the same layout and other considerations and it is on par with 030 kit when it comes to analog and low power. However the kit is not available for purchase yet.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to say I am impressed with the new -030 kit.  The -001 is a jack of all trades and master of none.  Unforunately if you want to be doing analog above 12+ bits you have to be a bit of a master.  Forunately the rules are straighforward but you will need the right kit.  I had one customer asking why he was only getting 14 bits from hiis 20 bot ADC.  Pood guy had done hust about everything wrong that you could.  A good place to start is to read any of the PSoC 3/5 ap notes from Mark Hastings  and get your self a -303 kit.

Dave Van Ess

Aps guy

0 Likes