CY9CKIT-001 3.3v max output current rating

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiSa_288856
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

does anybody knows how much current over 3.3V can be supplied to the user modules connected either to PORT A, B or C?

I'm going do develop a module and I wish to know if I had to provide an external power supply. My module is expected to sunk about 150-200mA over 3.3v.

Best Regards,

Michele Santucci

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Michelle,

There is no CY9CKIT-001. Is this the question for the CY8CKIT-001? Please confirm.

Regards,

Mohnish.

0 Likes
MiSa_288856
Level 1
Level 1

Of course it's the CY8CKIT-001.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
    If you configure expansion ports as GPIO, you have 8 mA sink and 4 mA source current.   

If you configure expansion ports as SIO, you have 25 mA sink and 4 mA source current.   

Regards,

Mohnish.

0 Likes
MiSa_288856
Level 1
Level 1

I supposed that the VIN pin in the schematics of the PORT A, PORT B, PORT C was a power supply line. But from your answer I'm not sure of this anymore also because I have dind't found the VIN label in any other place in the schematics so it's not apparently connected to any power supply line. Of course since I have have to build an external board with a 300mA power rating I think it's better for me to put an external power supply.

0 Likes