Implementing Bidirectional Level translator in PSoC3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

All,

Is it possible to implement the bidrectional shift circuit attached with this post in PSoC3 ?. If yes, we will be able to build a component around it in Creator. 

This component will faciliate level translating bidrectional signal lines (example I2C SDA and I2C SCL lines) from one voltage level to the other eliminating the need for a level translator chip in the design. (level translation can be acheived by routing the bidrectional lines from one quadrant to the other, quadrants powered at different voltage)

Regards, 

Kurian Polachan

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

well,"level translation" isnt that difficult with the PSoC 3,in a way.

Since all VDDIOs can be indiviually powered to different levels,you can always "translate levels" if you want to,or eliminate that need all together.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah though level transistion is easy on PsoC3 using the Vddios, the Bidirectional lines are definetely tricky.

They do require a tristate control from either pins. This can be achieved by having two bidirectional pins connecting each other with digital logic to control thier states. The logic would remain similar to the one explained in the first post.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Yeah though level transistion is easy on PsoC3 using the Vddios, the Bidirectional lines are definetely tricky.

They do require a tristate control from either pins. This can be achieved by having two bidirectional pins connecting each other with digital logic to control thier states. The logic would remain similar to the one explained in the first post."

I agree with the above. Why don't we think about giving this logic as a PSoC Creator component, this will definitely help customers.

Any inputs on this ?

Regards,

Kurian Polachan

0 Likes