What's wron in PSoC Creator 2.0???

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I just started debugging a project made with creator 2.0 ang got the following errormessage

Device 'PSoC5 CY8C55*8AXI-060*' was successfully programmed at 12/07/2011 19:11:44.
Warning: Cannot set breakpoint: 'C:\Cypress\Another Testarea\TestPWM\TestPWM.cydsn\main.c:27'.  Encountered error (No hardware breakpoint support in the target.).
Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Remote communication error: No error.)

Happy debugging?

Bob

0 Likes
26 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some problem using the new creator for debugging as well. But didn't have time to check it. Need to finish a few things with the old creator first.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

After de-installation of Creator 2.0 my Project was ruined due to the updater which replaced the modules with the newest.

A new project couldn't compile, because the bootldr had a wrong version. Sounds like a fourtnight holydays...

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Can you post your design?  I'll take a look at it.

Thanks,

Sung Pak

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You did not understand me quite right: It is ANY design, even without a module. Debugger exits with the above errormessage.

I have a deadline on monday morning (9:00h utc+1)

Think, I'll gonna file a case...

Happy stressing

Bob

0 Likes
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

Bob,

PSoC Creator should have automatically created a backup of your project in the "backup" folder in "*.cydsn".  So, you should not have to redo anything in your previous working environment.

I am not sure about the debugging issue. Sung Pak is the right person for that, and it appears he is investigating already.

-CKF

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I switched, back to Creator 1 (SP2) which was a lot of de- and re-installing and now I can access the projects again. Phew!!!

Probably my PSoC5 processor module for the kit001 is too old. Can that be?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think its an issue with silicon. I assume you are using CY8C5588AXI-60. The same should work for creator v2_0. Also project which was opened in Creator_v2_0 will not work in 1_0. To make it work, you need take up the backed-up project and open in 1_0. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

thanx for your effort to help me. I just reviewed:

Using a CY8C5588AX*-60 ES1 (That's what the Miniprog 3 says)

And I red in the Revision Doc for Creator 2: ES1 no longer supported.

Might be the error. If you can get hands on a PSoC5 processor module with ES1 you can try.

Isn't there an exchange-program to current ESes for the modules? (I reside in Germany, how to???)

Regards, Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

The migration document for Creator 2.0 explicitely states that CY8C5588AXI-060 ES1 is still supported, since it was delivered to customers.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Ok, so now we know as much as before. I'll install creator 2 on a Vista machine which is connected with a Miniprog3 to a Kit 001a with a working (tested with Creator1) PSoC5 processor module with an ES1 5588 on it. I'll write a small demo project and I'll inform you about the results...

Happy Upgrading

Bob 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, the error persists, too bad.

Errormessage:

Warning: Cannot set breakpoint: 'C:\Cypress\Another Testarea\Cr2Test\Cr2Test.cydsn\main.c:26'.  Encountered error (No hardware breakpoint support in the target.).
Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Remote communication error: No error.)

I included the Breakpont-errormessage only for clarity, the debugger exits without a breakpoint as well.

Project appended.
Environment:

Win Vista

PSoC Creator 2

Miniprog 3

Kit 001a

Cy8c5588 ES1 - Processor module

Similar project works fine with PSoC Creator 1 SP2 under the very same environment

Happy weekend

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you check the Miniprog3 clock speed value? The selected speed should not be more than 1/3 rd the value of Bus clock speed of the target device. While slower speeds are possible for debugging, the speed should be at least 1 MHz to program the device. 6 MHz is the highest recommended clock speed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm also having debug problems with PSoC Creator 2.0. The same message appears: "dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Remote communication error: No error.)". I've changed the Debug speed (lower than 1/3 BUS_CLK) and still.

I am using the CY8C3866AXI-040ES2 with the CY8CKIT-001. The device is properly programed but when you try to change to debug mode, the error apears.

Any ideas? Thank's.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I solved the problem for me.

Does your windows-username contain any special (non ASCII) characters? My username was "Jörg". when I installed a new úser (caution:renaming does NOT work) everything went fine. That did cost me hours, indeed!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My user name does not contain any non ASCII character... I am using Windows XP 2002 SP3. I don't think that this may cause the problem, right?

Plus, that issue happens with all the PSoC Creator 2.0 Projects. All the Project folders are allocated in C:\\.... Then, I don't think that's the problem either... I don't know what else can I do...

Regards

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What is the name of the user-path the system is using for YOU?

C:\Users\Name\..... ?

Check that! there IS something unusual I'm quite sure

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The specific name is "C:\Deugtest". These name is my Project name. I've created a new project with these name in C: and nothing. With PSoC Creator 1.0 no problems...

Thanks.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The issue has NOTHING to do with the place (path) where the project is. We did not yet find out which file is accessed when the error occurs, but I suspect that it is only a temporare file which always is located under c:\users\... and so on.

So again, which path is windows using for you? check that please.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

The path is "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador". I'm not quite sure if that's what you mean...

Regards

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Sh**! I thought I could help you out of this! I suggest that you create a case with those informations. I did it for my issue, it took a week and a couple of lenthy phone-calls from India and they tried hard to help me out.

Last try for you: Under xp as Administrator (that you obviously are) create a new user ("TestUser" is a proper name) and try to run Creator 2 from that account. For me it helped.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

I've just create a new user with the name "Test" and nothing. I will inform the technical support about this. Anyway thank's for your help and advices.

Regards.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Seasons greetings to the technical stuff!

Bob

0 Likes
JOLO_264146
Level 4
Level 4
First like received Welcome!

Hi,
I've several customers with this problem in Spain. At least here, the problem comes because windows is in spanish and there are several folders with name in spanish (system folders), so, you have "configuración local" (pay attention in the accent) instead of "local configuration".
One of the customer resolved the problem mounting a virtual machine and installing W7 (and Win XP in other) with the english version. But this solution is a "chapuza" (botch ?).
Curiously, with all version of Creator 1 (betas and release) this problem didn't appear

0 Likes
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

I am sorry that I never saw this thread last year - it looks like you guys have not had a working debugger (on 2.0) for a while. I hate that!

We do not see systemic problems with debugging on PSoC 5 in Creator 2.0 and the common denominator appears to be that you are running on non-English setups of Windows. We explicitly check that those configurations work as part of your release process and so that is a worry for me. I'll follow up internally on that.

One interesting observation is that the issue does not require the accented characters to be in the project path. We need to look at all the files that the debugger uses, not just those in your project.

Sorry I do not have a silver bullet...

-- Mark.

0 Likes
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Forgot to mention one other thing, Bob...

The ES1 that is no longer support is PSoC 3 ES1, which was a very early piece of silicon that only a very small set of customers ever saw.

PSoC 5 ES1 is still supported. Of course, if you buy new kits or chips we'll send you production parts.

-- Mark.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you for the ESx hint! I really hope to have my processor module(s) exchanged before the next release of Creator comes out. Nonetheless, the "Special character bug" is not easy to circumvent for some "alien" windows installations and to have a separate PC with a US. Windows would help, but looks a bit overdone.

Bob

0 Likes