Analog Low Pass Filter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Filter in PSoC process the analog signal? I didn't see any I/O ports of Filter.

The example project of Filter used DMA to transfer the digital signal. Is DMA necessary for using Filter?

Regards

Yudong

0 Likes
12 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The filter component in PSoC3/5 is digital in nature, thus requiring an ADC first. To remove the burden for the CPU to transfer the converted values from ADC to Filter a DMA is appropiare thus freeing a lot of MIPS.

Nevertheless there are two LPFs within a PSoC3/5 which you may use, have a look at this thread http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2233&rID=63395 

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

DMA is just one option for the filter data handling -

General Description

The customizer for the Filter component allows you to configure digital filters on
one or two data streams passed to the Digital Filter Block(DFB),using DMA,interrupts,
or polling to manage data flow. TheDFB’s 128 data and coefficientlocations are shared
as needed between the two filter channels.The customizer reports (but does not set)
the minimum bus clock frequency required to execute the filtering within the user-
declared sample interval.

The filter can perform BP, LP, HP, Band Stop.......

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob and Dana,

I have read the example project of Filter. In that project, the cutoff frequency is 1KHz and input voltage range of ADC is 0 to 1.024V. My input sine wave is 900Hz and Vpp = 1V. So I expect to get sine wave on output terminal of VDAC which is equal in amplitude and frequency to the sine wave on input terminal of ADC. But my wave observed is not like the expection. Have I made any mistakes?

Regards

Yudong

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I attached my project.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried several times but failed to upload my files. My project is just the example project found in PSoC Creator.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you zip the file?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I zipped the file.

Try again.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

To upload a project here in Creator

Build -> Clean Project

File -> Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and then upload the resulting archieve here.

You do not get the signal you expect? A probabil might be that your 1V p-p signal might go below 0V. Check that with an oscilloscope.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When uploading does not work, try to use MS Internet Explorer, I've seen some issues with other browsers.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

If you sine wave is ground referenced you are violating common mode input range

of A/D or amplifier. In other words you need to level shift the sine wave to meet

the input CM range.

For example, if A/D Vref is Vssa to 2.048, single ended, optimally sine would go

from 0 Vdc to 2.048, that is its amplitude would be 2.048 and it would have a DC

offset of 1.024.

An easy way to offset input signals -

http://electronicdesign.com/analog/use-excel-calculate-d-level-shifter-resistor-values

Attached is Excel calculator for the R's.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yudong,

If you are unable to upload the project, please mail it to me (dasg@cypress.com). I'll post it on your behalf.

Regards,

Gautam

0 Likes