Sample chip?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope I'll be in the next round. Is it possible to get some sample PSoC 5 microcontrollers, same as on the dev kit? I would like to create my own PCB.

Do you have any information how much the microcontroller on the dev kit will cost later for 1000 pieces? E,g, less than 10 Euro, less than 30 Euro or something like this?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank Buss,

You can contact the Local Cypress Sales Office for Samples of PSoC5. Engineering Samples will be available.

The part available on the kit is CY8C5588AXI-060 ES1 (Engineering Sample 1).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank's, I'll try it. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have DVK -001 , but it is not working (may be fault in voltage regulator both 3.3v aand 5 v). Is it possible to get DVK only without any sample from local cypress office? or is it possible to repair my kit. if it so please give me details.

Regards

Gogul

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gogul,

It is necessary to find out the reason why you are not able to use the kit.

The problem may be in the kit, or the processor module, or may be you are missing out something trivial which might have gone unnoticed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gogul,

I am assuming this is a PSoC 3 processor module you are working with. If so you can upgrade your sampled silicon for production version silicon at www.cypress.com/go/psoc3kitupgrade

Let me know how that goes?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working in Technical Institutes in Vietnam. I have used PSoC in my project for alot years, but i only used PSoC Family CY8C29666. I Know Cypress have developted Family PSoC 3, PSoC now today. Can I get sample some PSoC 3 from cypress to develope for my project, i am reseaching a project about detect gas and i think PSoC 3 appropriate. However, i never

test for PSoC 3. I know PSoC 3 have alot of charaterize !   

my Address: Dang Vo Cong, Technical Institutes, 129 Hoang Van Thai street, Thanh Xuan district, Ha Noi city, Viet Nam.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget you need to have the new psoc miniprog3 for programming and debugging.:-)

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Congkhu,

from my own experience I would suggest to by a KIT001-board. It contains processor modules for PSoC1, 3 and 5 which are interchangeable on a motherboard equipped with an LCD-Display, Capsense-buttons and... and...

Debugging features with no (zero) additional hardware for PSoC 3 and 5, ICE-Box support for PSoC1.

So there's nothing left to whish for!!!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        You can also look for PSoC 030 kit for analog development in PSoC3   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You can use kit CY8CKIT-050 or CY8CKIT-001.

If you only want a chip most distributors will sample a chip, contact them.

Or contact Manufacturers Rep, they also typically will supply samples.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes