SPI boot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

is it possible to when using a bootloader in a SPI flash and then setup the application in 32-bit mode that the UART is still available and the SPI can be accessed?

thanks

lumpi

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

I don't think I understood your question clearly.

Let me tell you what I undertood from that.

You are keeping your .img file in the SPI flash so that FX3 can load the code from it when you power the device.

Once the code is loaded into FX3's RAM you want to configure the GPIF II interface to 32-bit and also want to use UART.

This can be done without any problem.

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks. I like to put a small bootloader into the SPI flash and also append an application then. The bootloader loads the application into SRAM and then the application starts and it is setup in GPIF 32bit mode. You understand?

The UART in GPIF 32bit mode is at the same pins as the SPI (UART TX is connected to SPI MISO!!!!). So if I like to transfer SPI, then I have to switch between UART and software SPI? Would this be possible?

Sometimes application needs to save user specific informations in SPI flash and also get that information while application is running.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sometimes out running application needs to save user specific informations in SPI flash and also get that information while application is running. So in this time if I need the SPI falsh I may switch off the UART peripheral and activate softwareSPI?

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

Yes. It should be possible as you described above.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sai Krishna,

thank you, great.

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sai Krishna,