Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guys,

I need help regarding with the RTD and NTC temperature ADC settings. I have downloaded sample of RTD and NTC of CY8CKIT-025 - Temperature board kit. I'm using CY8CKIT-030 as my devkit. NTC and RTD have different ADC_DelSig block settings/value according from the samples that I downloaded from Cypress. I can't merge the two temperature sensor since these sensors have different ADC settings. What is the correct settings of the ADC_DelSig in order for me to combine the two sensor in one application?

Thanks Guys. I would really appreciate your help.

Red

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Redz,

A 20-bit ADC ensures that you have a 0.1C flicker free resolution for RTD. A thermistor on the other hand requires <16-bit ADC for 0.1C resolution. But you can very well use a 20-bit ADC and +/-1.024V for the thermistor too if you want to use the same ADC configuration for both RTD and thermistor

Regards,

Praveen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Redz,

A 20-bit ADC ensures that you have a 0.1C flicker free resolution for RTD. A thermistor on the other hand requires <16-bit ADC for 0.1C resolution. But you can very well use a 20-bit ADC and +/-1.024V for the thermistor too if you want to use the same ADC configuration for both RTD and thermistor

Regards,

Praveen

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Praveen, 

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Regards,

Red

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The ADC in PSoC3 and PSoC5 has the ability to specirfy up to 4 different configurations from which you may select or switch to at run-time with an API. So depending on the requirements of your application you may program an universal solution or select a specialized one.

Happy coding

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob. . 

0 Likes