Could you provide some GPIF master applications?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using the FX3 DVK board. I want to use GPIF II as a master mode.
Could you provide some GPIF master applications?
particularly for control of sync SRAM's and FX3 as master.
Do you have also samples how to use the API functions CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords() and CyU3PGpifReadDataWords() with GPIF project?

Regards
JW

0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find the attached example project which uses CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords() and CyU3PGpifReadDataWords().

I have only this example project which meets your requirement.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sai krishna, Thank you for your reply.

I don't know how to understand OUT_REG0_VALID(OUT_REG_CR_VALID, OUT_REG#_VALID) in Transition Equation Entry.

Regards,
JW

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

OUT_REG0_VALID in Transition Equation Entry becomes true when the data in the output register (EGRESS_DATA_REGISTER) is valid.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sai krishna,

The files you have attached are used to transfer data asychrounously. Have you got the example to use GPIF II sychronously?

Thank you so much.

Regards

Jiajia

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JiaJia,

Are you looking for a sychronous GPIFII master design using API functions CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords() and CyU3PGpifReadDataWords() only? or any Synchronous GPIF II master example.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

sai krishna

I am doing a project using the FX3 board. At this stage, I am asked to transfer some signal from the GPIF II interface pins to the PC via the USB interface. I am wondering whether you have some appropriate firware example codes for me to activate the board?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Jiajia

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked this before and I got an example. It's a great sample project.

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=77487

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

sai krishna and Rover

I tried to build both examples provided by you two on EZ USB Suite. Both of them have the same problem on the 

void CyU3PDmaBufferFree. I have just started studying on this board and can't figure out how to correct it.

BTW, which software shall I use to check the data transfered from the GPIF II interference. What shall I do before I can receive any data (ex.install firware).

Thank you so much for helping me!

Best Regards

Jiajia

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

sai krishna and Rover

I tried to build both examples provided by you two on EZ USB Suite. Both of them have the same problem on the 

void CyU3PDmaBufferFree. I have just started studying on this board and can't figure out how to correct it.

BTW, which software shall I use to check the data transfered from the GPIF II interference. What shall I do before I can receive any data (ex.install firware).

Thank you so much for helping me!

Best Regards

Jiajia

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JiaJia,

You can do the following thing:

In your application, you will be transferring data from GPIF II to USB endpoint using a DMA channel. Right?

If yes, then you can use Cypress USB Control Center in the host PC to read data.

If you are trying to measure the throughput then you need to use Streamer application.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sai Krishna!

I think I basically know how to detect the signal with the sofware. The only problem now is the examples you provided. It can't be built successfully with an error in the file cyfxtx.c, the function void CyU3PDmaBufferFree. Do you have any idea of how to get rid of the bug?

Best Regards

Jiajia

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

If you are looking for an example project to develop a GPIF II master interface then please refer to the following application note:

AN87216 - Designing a GPIF™ II Master Interface

Thnaks,

Sai kirshna.

0 Likes