Issue using CyControl to program I2C Serial EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having issues using the CyControl program to progam the I2C Serial EEPROM on my development system.  It appears to function properly (checked I2C scl and sda with oscilloscope) but it always results in a failure.  Does anyone have any ideas to help solve this issue.  This approach works fine with programming an SPI Flash that is also on my evaluation board but in my final design it needs to download from the I2C Serial EEPROM.

System:

Xilinx Virtex 7 VC707 Evaluation Board

Inrevium TB-FMCL-USB30 Mezzanine Board with Cypress CYUSB3014 USB3 with 1Mbit I2C Serial EEPROM

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

did you checked the I2C device address? You can change the device address at some dip switches on the development board. Check the schematic wher I2C device routing is done.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

did you checked the I2C device address? You can change the device address at some dip switches on the development board. Check the schematic wher I2C device routing is done.

regards,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have solved the issue by changing the bImageCTL from 0x0E to 0x06.  The EEPROM I am using has a 256 byte page size, which as I understand from AN76405, this should have worked at the 0x0E value.

0 Likes