Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
wierc_284356
Level 1
Level 1

A while back I started looking for a viable solution to adding Ethernet control to my PSoC 5LP project, and unfortunately, I did not find a solution that would work in .  After trying several other alternative solutions, I developed the attached implementation of a driver for the W5100 WIZnet device used on the Arduino shield.  

This component is a software-only driver (you will need to link it to a SPI port), and it currently supports TCP, ARP, and UDP using the built-in protocols of the W5100 device. It also supports SPI port sharing to allow the application to take advantage of the ability of the SPI bus to handle multiple connected devices. The driver also includes macros for using the driver with the SPIM or SCB components from the Cypress libraries.

This is not a conversion of the C++ code from the arduino library (ref. Element14 100 Projects in 100 days); it was written from scratch as a component for the PSoC devices.

I have tested this using the PSoC 4 and PSoC 5/5LP and I have sucessfully built a 6-port application with a PSoC 5LP.  The driver has not yet been fully tested o nthe the PSoC 3, but I believe that it should work based on some initial testing results.

Hope everyone has as much fun using this component as I had writing it!

-Chuck

0 Likes
42 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ChuckE and pavloven,

I have used your example project with CY8CKIT-050 and Arduino Ethernet shield. But I can not get the reply on my TCP client. I also try to ping the device but it is not responding. Can you help me with that.?

I am attaching my archive here.

Second problem is when i go to Debug >> Windows >> Component, It does not show any component listed in component debug window. I am trying to find out if SPIM_1 component is working or not in debug mode. See attached 1.png file.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all I apologies for disturbing this great thread. I have changed pin of 'SPI' from P0_0::P0_3 to P6_6, P6_0, P12_7 and P12_6 and it is working now. It seems that I have problem in my CY8CKIT-050.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys, can you help me with this, i have a problem with the W5100 driver

0 Likes