Can't Download the image on Windows 8.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I installed the WICED SDK 3.1.2 development kit using WICED-SDK-3.1.2-IDE-Installer.exe on my PC(Windows 8.1). I connenct my EVB to my PC. My make target is "demo.appliance-BCM943362WCD4 download run". I can compile, but can't download the image. Below are errors. Can you fix this?

Thanks

**** Build of configuration Default for project Wiced-SDK ****

C:\Users\zhong_000\WICED-SDK-3.1.2\Wiced-SDK\make.exe demo.appliance-BCM943362WCD4 download run
Making config file for first time
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| IMPORTANT NOTES                                                                                     |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Wi-Fi MAC Address                                                                                   |
|    The target Wi-Fi MAC address is defined in <WICED-SDK>/generated_mac_address.txt                 |
|    Ensure each target device has a unique address.                                                  |
| MCU & Wi-Fi Power Save                                                                              |
|    It is *critical* that applications using WICED Powersave API functions connect an accurate 32kHz |
|    reference clock to the sleep clock input pin of the WLAN chip. Please read the WICED Powersave   |
|    Application Note located in the documentation directory if you plan to use powersave features.   |
Making .gdbinit
Building Bootloader
Finished Building Bootloader

Processing resources
Creating security credentials
Making DCT image
Compiling App_Appliance
Compiling Platform_BCM943362WCD4
Compiling NetX_Duo
Compiling WICED
Compiling Lib_SPI_Flash_Library_BCM943362WCD4
Compiling WWD_ThreadX_Interface
Compiling WICED_ThreadX_Interface
Compiling WWD_NetX_Duo_Interface
Compiling WICED_NetX_Duo_Interface
Compiling Supplicant_BESL
Compiling Lib_HTTP_Server
Compiling Lib_DNS_Redirect_Daemon
Compiling Lib_DNS
Compiling WWD_for_SDIO_ThreadX
Compiling Lib_Wiced_RO_FS
Compiling STM32F2xx
Compiling Lib_DHCP_Server
Compiling Lib_base64
Compiling common_GCC
Compiling STM32F2xx_Peripheral_Drivers
Compiling Lib_Ring_Buffer
Compiling STM32F2xx_Peripheral_Libraries
Making demo_appliance-BCM943362WCD4.elf

Making demo_appliance-BCM943362WCD4.bin
demo_appliance-BCM943362WCD4
----------------------------------|---------|---------|
                                  |         |  Static |
              Module              |  Flash  |   RAM   |
----------------------------------+---------+---------|
App                               |     731 |    3697 |
base64                            |     520 |       0 |
DHCP_Server                       |    1550 |     132 |
DNS                               |     990 |      44 |
DNS_Redirect_Daemon               |     645 |       0 |
Gedday                            |    4492 |     736 |
Host MCU-family library           |   12356 |    2740 |
HTTP_Server                       |    2872 |    1272 |
Interrupt Vectors                 |     424 |       0 |
libc                              |   34067 |    3136 |
Networking                        |    4240 |   14318 |
NetX                              |   55054 |     536 |
NetX-Duo - Interfaces & Stacks    |       0 |      12 |
Packet Buffers                    |       0 |   23142 |
platform                          |    1008 |     168 |
RAM Initialisation                |    2424 |       0 |
resources                         |   51840 |       0 |
Ring_Buffer                       |      92 |       0 |
Startup Stack & Link Script fill  |      31 |      11 |
Supplicant - BESL                 |  110372 |     556 |
ThreadX                           |    9176 |     396 |
Wi-Fi Firmware                    |  210412 |       0 |
WICED                             |    7375 |     860 |
WWD                               |   15173 |    1124 |
----------------------------------+---------+---------|
TOTAL (bytes)                     |  523420 |   52880 |
----------------------------------|---------|---------|

Downloading Bootloader ...
"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"
Downloading DCT ...
"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"
Downloading Application ...
Resetting target
make.exe[1]: *** [run] Error 1
tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk:102: recipe for target 'run' failed
Makefile:185: recipe for target 'main_app' failed
make: *** [main_app] Error 2

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fist of all check your device manager and make sure that you have two WICED devices, a WICED USB Serial port and a WICED USB JTAG Device, if they are not there means that your windows, didn't detect the device.

PS: WICED devices were only tested up to windows 7.

Regards,

Bassem

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bassem,

I checked the device manager on Windows 8.1 and can't see two WICED devices, a WICED USB Serial port and a WICED USB JTAG Device, When can the Wiced SDK support Windows 8?

Thanks

I

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you see any unknown devices in the device manager?

Either the WICED board is not being detected often due to bad USB cable or the drivers are not installed.

If you see unknown devices you can try to update the driver manually and point them to the SDK/tools/drivers/ directory

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It works.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI feng@ibiquity.com

Are you using 64 bit Windows 8.1 , or 32 bit Windows 8.1?

I faced same issue in 64 bit windows , so moved development to 32 bit system. So by the above step mentioned by nikvh can I resolve the issue??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using 64 bit Windows 8.1. So by the above step mentioned by nikvh You can resolve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great , thanks .....

0 Likes