What caused PSoC/microcontroller to stop working?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Recently I am developing a bigger micrcontroller project with many long codes. Basically, I am using PSoC 5 CY8CKIT-050LP to interface a SD card module (ALFAT OEM Processor: https://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/ALFAT/ALFAT_SoC_Processor_User_Manual.pdf). With the integrated UART module block. I don't have any problem with any external modules being connected to the PSoC5 (Those include: XBee and several analogue sensor).

But until recently, sometimes my system just freeze halfway even though the codes are correct as I tried before. Funnier thing happens when I try to plug/unplug the SD card, it sometimes do work or freeze halfway!

Since I got no syntax/programming error before such problem occur, my concern lies on hardware design/circuitry problem. But thinking my codes are quite long, I am wondering whether such huge programming code cause the problem?

Anyone of you face the similar problem before?

0 Likes
1 Reply
himc_284346
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

In your code do you have any blocking statement or something which will check for the SD Card or wait there?

0 Likes