Using the programmer in the CY8CKIT-049-41xx kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have several programming boards of the CY8CKIT-049-41xx (the programmer and the target board can be broken off). I have used up the CY8CKIT-049-41xx board but removed the programmer part. The chip used is CY7C65211-24LTXI

Please see link to the kit.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-4-cy8ckit-049-4xxx-prototyping-kits

Is it possible to use this programmer itself to develop applications ?

I need to generate two PWM signals, some digital outputs and also use the UART in the board. Is it possible to use the programmer itself ?

Please also suggest what SDK/Compiler is required for this, I have downloaded the USB-Serial SDK software, however I am not sure how it can be used for my application.

thanks

a

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is not a stand alone programmer in the CY8CKIT-049-41XX. You can however program it to another CY8CKIT-049-41XX.
 Reference cypress KBA93514...To answer your other question,Psoc creator is what programs the device.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply,

could you please post a link to the reference article KBA93514, I was unable to get either in Cypress or in google.

I have downloaded the USB-Serial SDK software, however I see that the chip can be configured for various communications like I2C, SPI etc, I think I may have wrongly assumed it can be re-programmed for any other general usage, such as PWM, digital I/O control etc.

thanks

a

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Cheapest and easiest for you would be to get a CY8CKIT-043 PSoC4 M Prototyping Kit. This kit allows for programming and debugging which can be of tremendous help. You may use the snap-off part of the Kit (named KitProg) as a programmer for any PSoC3,4 and 5.

Generally speaking a PSoC can be programmed to use several quite different "components" as communication interfaces, timers, counters, PWMs, ADCs, DACs, CapSense, even DMA and some more like opAmps... Quite a lot!

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help

0 Likes