Bootload_Start not compiling

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a bootloadable project that needs to enter boot loader mode.  But every variation of Bootloader_Start() generates a compiler error.  I am sure need a include file, but cannot find anything in the bootloader documentation or the bootloader project files.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since we have the PSoC's in bootloader mode with a 5 second delay before starting the application.

If the boot loader has a command that stops it from launching it's application.  At power up, I could send it on the I2C, and then do a boot load or launch depending if the app is current or not.

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

What exactly is the error you are getting ? Will you be able to share your project ? Otherwise please refer this KBA : http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/troubleshooting-guide-psoc-3psoc-4-psoc-5lp-bootloader... . It should be helpful for troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

VSRS

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

One more thing in bootloader project only we can use BootloaderStart API. Try using bootloader_load API in bootloadable project. 

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The compiler error:

C:\Software\Freeze_Dry_2014\Vac_sensor\Bootload_Posifa_Vac_Sensor\Bootloadable_Posifa_Vac_Sensor.cydsn/.\main.c:464: undefined reference to `Bootloader_Start'

C:\Software\Freeze_Dry_2014\Vac_sensor\Bootload_Posifa_Vac_Sensor\Bootloadable_Posifa_Vac_Sensor.cydsn/.\main.c:470: undefined reference to `bootloader_load'

I used 'findstr /S /C:"bootloader_" *.h *.c'  but could find no reference to bootloader_load().

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CySoftwareReset() API restarts the bootloader which starts it's 3 second delay so the host can send StartBoot command.

0 Likes