cgs flie can not be created

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In SDK2.2.2( whatever version is the proble is similar), I saw the build error message.

I could not find out the reason.

I had no issues to build from now on but I can  not build successfully now.

I'm not sure but it started from installation of cygwin.

Will you please see this issue?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:47:35 **** Build of configuration Release for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:\\Users\\.....\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.0\\WICED-Smart-SDK\\make.exe" hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download

Linking target ELF

OK, made elf.

Call to hello_sensor_spar_crt_setup @ 00205c11

OK, made C:/Users/...../Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.0/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../build/hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20736A1-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs. MD5 sum is:

0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487

AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x60EA0000, RegionSize 0x160000, State 0x10000

makefile:184: recipe for target '../../build/hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20736A1-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs' failed

C:\Users\.....\Documents\WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.0\WICED-Smart-SDK\Tools\common\Win32\md5sum.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

Makefile:344: recipe for target 'hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [../../build/hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20736A1-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs] Error 1

make.exe[1]: *** Deleting file '../../build/hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20736A1-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs'

make: *** [hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32] Error 2

12:47:38 Build Finished (took 3s.73ms)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Likes
1 Solution

I spoke to the developers today and it seems that 64b Windows ocassionally has problems with some of our binaries.

Within the Wiced-Smart/spar/makefile, find and remove these two lines:

$(QUIET)$(ECHO) OK, made $(CURDIR)/$@. MD5 sum is:
$(QUIET)$(MD5SUM) $@

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Can you compile and download to the TAG3 evaluation board the default Hello_Sensor application from SDK 2.2 using the Windows based version of the IDE?

Is the version you are trying to download custom?  What board are you downloading the program to?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever the application is (even though application is default), those errors are come out.

And the errors does not look like being related with hardware.

I tested all default application.

0 Likes

I spoke to the developers today and it seems that 64b Windows ocassionally has problems with some of our binaries.

Within the Wiced-Smart/spar/makefile, find and remove these two lines:

$(QUIET)$(ECHO) OK, made $(CURDIR)/$@. MD5 sum is:
$(QUIET)$(MD5SUM) $@

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mmf_mmfae,

It works after removing two lines.

Thank you.

0 Likes