Why does the Vref bypass pin for the ADC Have to have slew rate fast ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

This in under creater 3.2. Using the ADC appear to limit the entire of port 1 to slew rate fast . Why ?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Dominic.

ADC uses the analog part of the GPIO-pins, so there the slew-rate is not relevant. Can you specify a bit deeper what you want to have changed?

Very helpful could be a project showing the error. Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

The ADC component appears to require Port1 to have a slew rate of fast if the Vref is by passed. I think this is a bug.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I'm using Pioneer board and CY8C4245AXI-483 and I cannot set Vref bypassed without error. Please upload project to check.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Project attached

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Now I can see and reproduce your issue. Seems you're right, that should not be. I would suggest you to create a MyCase: at top of this page "Support & Community -> Technical Support - Create a MyCase" and attach the example project with a bit of description.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a case open but I'm not sure the person understands the analogue signal shouldn't affect the slew rate . 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you attached your project someone will recreate the issue.

Bob

0 Likes