Two, probably related questions.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

1: My design is getting more complex, and I have a lot of wires that are long and snake around.  I'd like to use something like Net Names in Altium to connect things, rather than having snaky wires.  Can I do that, and if so, how?

2: I have a lookup table that I want to drive from a counter. The counter output is a bus [2:0] and the LUT has three discrete inputs, IN0, IN1, IN2.  How do I connect these?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

a1:You can right click on a signal and edit name and width.

a2: Connect your 3 LUT signals with a bit longer wires to the bus, then pick wire by wire and again use "edit name and width"

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

a1:You can right click on a signal and edit name and width.

a2: Connect your 3 LUT signals with a bit longer wires to the bus, then pick wire by wire and again use "edit name and width"

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see now!  Thanks

So when I attach a wire to a block with a bus input or output, the wire is automatically a bus.

Then when I create wires to connect the bits on the other block they are also bus wires, which causes the error, until I go tell them to be single bits, and which bit to be.

0 Likes