Apparent bug in PSoC Creator: Multiple builds cause crash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been developing with PSoC Creator 4.1 and the CY8CKIT-049-42xx prototyping kit. After I build my very small program about 10 times I get a group of errors:

"data will not fit in region rom"

"... overlaps section .data loaded at <HEXNUM>"

and

"Build error: region rom overflowed by 0 bytes"

To correct this I clean the program, but that causes the bootloadable component to become invalid so I have to remove the bootloadable component, rebuild, load in the bootloadable component again and then set it to the correct hex file. This process allows me to rebuild the program again. (None of this has anything to do with any trivial edits I may have made in my original program.)

Then I have been getting another problem when I try to download the program with the Bootloader Host:"Flash row is not valid for the selected array." Sometimes I have been able to correct this last problem by shutting down PSoC Creator and restarting. Lately, not even that works. I am currently unable to use the Bootloader host mode to program the prototyping kit. (Yes, I held the button down.)

(I am currently using the miniprog3 to load my programs on to the prototyping kit.)

Is this a bug with PSOoC Creator? I have no idea what I could be doing wrong to cause the program to not build, nor why I have to reinstall the bootloadable component after a clean, nor why the bootloader host is no longer working.

The problem is identical on both prototyping kits that I have.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Confirmed.

Reason is the wrong bootloader.hex file. You provided the bootloadable .hex. That's a kind of recursion...

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you please post your complete project or a shortened version that shows the error so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. Here is the archive bundle.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Confirmed.

Reason is the wrong bootloader.hex file. You provided the bootloadable .hex. That's a kind of recursion...

Bob

0 Likes