OTA file upload issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Im implementing OTA update on my device and I have big problems with uploading file through www page.

My device is working on ThreadX and NetX_Duo. Im using http server from waf/ota_upgrade application

with small modification. During one read form socket I can receive 1460 bytes maximum. For such amount of data

I need about 60ms to process it. I have big problems with receiving complete file. In most of tries I receive only part of file,

timeout occurs while reading from socket. I increased timeout value and thread priority to 4 but problem still exists. I dont know if the problem is network stack or

web browser that stops sending file in the middle. The biggest problems are with Mozilla browser. Maybe the problem is 60ms timeout.

File is uploaded using POST method exactly the same as it is done in example app.

Did anyone encounter such problems?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you provide a sniffer trace of the ota upgrade process?

What happens if you drop the packets without processing them and simply keep track of the total received bytes?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for replay.

File upload works if I drop file processing. I disabled file processing and did some tests with large files (45MB and more) and it doesnt work on any browser.

Function nx_tcp_socket_receive returns NX_NO_PACKET until I receive whole file.
0 Likes

Is this still an issue for you?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discussion is being locked. If you have any follow-up, please start a new discussion.

0 Likes