ANALOG BLOCKS ARCHITECTURE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I have several simple cuestions for senior PsOCs programmers.   

The datasheets show the total analog/digital devices into the concrete micro, I guess, but I'm interested to know how many Opamps I have available for each analog block.   
Also the analog subsystem diagram show me the array imput configuration and the   
number of analog block, but no the internal analog block configuration which I'm iterested for.   

Moreover what the datasheet refers with "User Modules"?   
That is the Analog Blocks or previous programed fuctions?   

Thanks for your attention.   
0 Likes
12 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Each Analog block has one op-amp surrounded by muxes, resistor matrix etc for CT blocks and switched capacitor cells for SC blocks. For internal architecture of the analog blocks, refer to the Technical Reference Manual available in the Help >> Documentation of the PSoC Designer software.
Also for details about SC Blocks, refer to the below Application note.

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2899

Also refer this link for technical details

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=3208

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        User modules are analogous to peripherals. When you drag and drop an user module to a design, the values to be written to the configuration registers of the analog or digital blocks are predefined by the PSoC Designer. Apart from these configuration values, the IDE also generates APIs that can be used in the user code to control the user modules.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much for your help.
But for example, in this datasheet for PsOC CY8C29X66 (http://www.cypress.com/?rID=3334) in page 3 it states we have available in these devices 12 config blogs, each comprised of an opamp circuit.

But just below in the analog modules are listed only uo to 4 operational amplifiers for all the device.
The elements listed are the global elements for all the chip or only for an analog block?
Thanks for your attention.

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        The 12 analog blocks are divided into 4 CT blocks and 8 SC Blocks. The Amplifiers mentioned in the data sheet are the PGA (Programmable Gain Amplifiers) that can be placed in the CT blocks which can have a gain of upto 48. You can also create Programmable Gain Amplifiers using the SC Blocks. You can control the gain by changing the value of Input and Feedback capacitors. The application AN2041 shows how to use the SC blocks as amplifiers and also as many other functions.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I know maybe I'm a bit annoying, but the list I mentioned in the datasheet above : where takes into account the twelve opamps comprised into each analog block?   

No more about that PsOC master.   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        You are not at all annoying 🙂   

As the data sheet says "Some of the more common PSoC analog functions (most available as user modules) are listed below".   

The PGA which is available as an user module can only be placed in a CT block, of which there are only 4. To create amplifiers using SC Blocks, you have to use the SCBLOCK user module and configure the parameters on your own. As an SC Block amplifier is not available as an user module, maybe the data sheet does not mention this.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.
By the way.
Would you be able to let me know where I can find the PsOC program
to implement this Programmable Bipolar Analog Current Source?

Thanks for all.

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Check out the following link.

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2817

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I need simple tutorial exercises to familiarize with PsOC. Would you know some   
paper, etc to start from basics?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        go to cypress.com & download some tutorials to learn about how you can design with PSoC.   
You can find them design support >> technical training >> on demand training   

If you wanna read about PSoC, read any datasheet of a part.   

There is an old app note too on Getting Started with PSoC ..... that can also be a good starting point .. here is the link    http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2848    

Have a nice time with PSoC !   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks very much but I need something more specific.   
That only talks about the architecture.   
I would like some pdf training as many I found by LabView.   
The olnly I reached was a Cypress video training.   

Anyway thanks a lot.   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        Check out the Technical Reference Manual. This has all the details about the PSoC with details of the internal architecture, timing diagrams, register details etc. You can open the Technical Reference Manual from the Help >> Documentation menu in PSoC Designer.   
0 Likes