MISMATCHING DEVICE IN PsOC PROGRAMMER 3.10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        When I try to program mi startkit with   
PsOC programmer it tells me:   
"Programming Terminated   
Check Device/Family Setting or Programming Mode   
Acquired Device "Silicon: 001B, Family/Die: 17, Major Rev: A" does not match chosen Device   
Matching Devices:   
CY8C24994-24BVXI   
CY8C24994-24LFXI   
CY8C24894-24LFXA   
CY8C24894-24LFXI   
CY8C24794-24LFXI   
CY8C24094-24AXI   
>>>Program Requested   
MINI Version 1.73   
MINI Version 1.73   
"   
It only lets me to program 5 devices.   
Thats due to my startkit PsOC chip limitations or due to   
the PsOC Programmer 3.10.   

By the way somebody knows how I can learn how to edit   
the main.c source file. I saw many libraries in the examples and I can't see all   
of them in the library folder.   
I know C but it's not very intuitive what I have to do to program my devices.   

Thanks   
0 Likes
7 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        Can you give more details like:   

1. What is the starter kit you are using?   
2. What is the device you have selected in your project?   
3. What is the device on the starter kit?   

To know about creating a project using PSoC Designer, have a look at the below video.   

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=39309
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Yes, I'm sorry.   
I'm using the PsOCEval USB CY3214.   
I have seen a comment made for you about it to another use.   
You said It only has available the 24x94 family like CY8C24794, 24894, 24994 etc.   
That's right?   

And thanks for the video, but I already saw it and it don't   
explains how to create the C main code, I mean, the use of the libraries and what headers we must to include.   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        You are right. The device on the PSoCEval USB board is from the CY8C24x94 family and hence can be used to debug projects from that family.   

Regarding the C code, when you create a project, the PSoC Designer automatically generates the main.c file. You can add C functions to the main.c file. If you want to create a separate C source file, you can do this by using the "File >> New File" menu. This opens the New file dialog box, where you can create a .c, .h, .asm or .inc file. Provide a name for the file and select the type. Select the "Add file to current project" option so that the file is added to your project.   

In a C file, you should include the "m8c.h" file which has all the register defines for the psoc and also the "psocapi.h" header. This header has all the header files for the user module APIs. Apart from the above two headers, you can also include other header files specific to requirements.   

You can also create your own header files for your C source files which can have function prototypes and variable declarations. Then you can add these header files in either main.c or other C sources files.   

Though this is not a very clear explanation of the process, I hope you got some idea about the process. Let me know if you need any other information.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        In my CY3214 ProcEval USB evaluation board I have available an LCD   
and on-board sliders capacitors.The problem comes when I select them in the   
System Level mode, because when I try to built the   
PsOC programmer 3.0 only lends me select this devices:   

CY8C20234,   
CY8C20334 - 24 Pin QFN   
CY8C20434 - 32 Pin QFN   
CY8C20534 - 28 Pin SSOP   

In fact, as you told me my kit supports the CY8C24X94.   
In this way how it's possible the board had been integrated with   
periferics than the micro is not able to manage?   

I'm doing something wrong?   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        I guess you have selected CSA capsensor. CSA is available only in the 20x34 family. That is why you are not getting 24x94.   

In the design, select CSD as the capsensor. Then you will see the 24x94 and 21x34 devices in the device selection.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        You must be true, but anyway, selecting the CSD capsensor now it only let me select the CY8C21X34 family.   
Regards   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        It is possible that the 24x94 device is not supported in the System Level design for CSD. I would suggest you to use chip level design. Then you will be able to place the CSD capsensor in the 24x94 device. There are many example projects for the 24x94 device with CSD in the cypress website.   
0 Likes