How can I change the endpoint address in cy7c68013?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I use the cy7c68013 with    slave fifo and    auto in-out mode.   
And now 4 bulk pipe is used with endpoint address 2,4,6,8   
but I want to chage last endpoint 8 to 10, so edit and compile and download    iic file of dscr.a51(8051 firmWare). But and then can't communicate.   
Sure i change the driver and do the other needed things.   
Is there something wrong?   

And there is some singular note in ch 8.1 of technical reference manual. "Direct connection is available only on endpoints 2,4,6,8"   
What's this?, what's meaning?   
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        1. Changing the descriptor file does not change the endpoints the device has... there are 7 endpoints ep0 ep1in ep1out ep2 ep4 ep6 and ep8... you will have to stick to that....   
2. Direct connection means only the buffer of endpoints 2,4,6 and 8 can be accessed through pins   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I want to change the endpoint address.   
And there are endpoint descriptor in the 8051 source file dscr.a51(assembly source file).   
How can I chage the endpoint address?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        you cannot change the endpoint address... it is fixed on the hardware... may i know why you insist on having an endpoint with endpoint address 10..... the main logic behind fixing the endpoint address rather than keeping it programmable is the fact that in a block level communication abstraction only the pipes come into picture (so the endpoint address being addressed doesn't impact the host or device)...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I have many equipments which must use the same driver(actually drivers of different OSs). But the drivers modification and patch proc is not such a easy job. With this environment, I must add the some USB euiqments(cypress CY7C68013) which use the just same drivers, and drivers use the some already fixed endpoint addresss.   

If you can, would you mind to tell me    some of the reference documents which makes certain about the endpoint address fixed by hard-coded scheme?   

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        In the datasheet there is a separate section on Endpoint RAM which mentions this constraint. I'm not sure whether you can find devices on which the endpoint address can be configured.   
To be frank, hardcoding values in driver or application is an bad idea. Not only does it create problems but reusability is also lost...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks for your advice.   
Have a nice day~!   
0 Likes