USB firmware loader for 64 bit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I have a product that uses the FX2LP device and loads its firmware through a sys file that was compiled on the windows DDK using the examples shown in "EZLoader Custom USB Firmware Loader Driver - AN041"   
Now I need to upgrade to 64 bit. I have the "Cypress Suite USB 3.4.1" and have created a new inf file but my old sys file isn't compiled for 64 bit and when I plug my device in, Windows complains that the sys file isn't for this platform (Windows 7, 64 bit)   
Q: Is there an updated version of the AN041 app note that outlines the process to upgrade to 64 bit? I have installed the Windows 7 DDK but I am still missing all the support files for a 64 bit compile   

any pointers would be greatly appreciated!   

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        If you are using FX2LP then you might find it better to switch to script file method. there is a app note on using script methodology plus it works in 64bit systems as well... going forward i don't think there is goin to be any upgradation to ezloader method...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I had come to the same conclusion since posting my question. I guess the reason I wasn't finding any information was because there wasn't any (on the ezloader part, that is)   
One other question, is there a sample inf file that has both the scripting part and support for 64bit? The scripting app note references one that doesn't seem to exist and the samples I have seen either don't support scripting or don't support 64bit.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        oops, never mind   
0 Likes