Access violation with CyConsole

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AaronClarke
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins
        Hello   

I loaded a new *.iic File to the 24lc128 eeprom that we are using. In the software I changed some Registers settings and (that's maybe the problem) changed some settings in the descriptor file (descriptors.asm). The EEProm was reprogrammed succesfully but now I have no more connection to the Device.   

The exact Error massage what I get in the CyConsole is:   
Access violation at address 0041B58D in module 'CyConsole.exe'. Read of address 0000000A.   

I have the Cypress USB Console Version 1.5.1.1.The Device Manager shows the proper driver.   

What could this be? Is there a chance to erase or reload the eeprom?   

Best regards,   
Andreas   
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        What VID/PID is device manager showing for that device???   
The latest version of cyconsole can be found in suiteusb 3.4... you might want to download that... Which field did u click to get this access violation... i.e. steps to replicate your issue...   
0 Likes
AaronClarke
Level 1
Level 1
        I found this in the device manager:   
USB\VID_0852&PID_0081\6&BB9CF62&0&5 ... seems to be OK.   

I'm using the latest Version 1.7.0.2 now.   

Here step by step what I am doing:   
1. I pluged in our device (device manager loaded the proper driver)   
2. started the CyConsole --> got the Error message: Access violation at address 00418059 in module 'CyConsole.exe'. Read of address 0000000A.   
3. Open EZ-USB Interface (I can not see our device in the devicelist. It's empty...)   
4. clicked LgEEPROM button --> got the Error message: Access violation at address 0040FFA8 in module 'CyConsole.exe'. Read of address 00000978.   
5. clicked Bulk Trans button --> got the Error message: Access violation at address 0040E55E in module 'CyConsole.exe'. Read of address 00000978.   
6. click GetDevie button --> got the Error message: Access violation at address 0040D8C1 in module 'CyConsole.exe'. Read of address 00000978.   

Any idea? why does the firmware totaly block the cyConsole?   

Thanks,   
Andreas   

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Here is what might be happening... the device is enumerated and so the host knows the device config and stuff... when the driver enumerates the device it will do the same set of descriptor requests again... if the device doesn't respond properly at this stage then the driver will communicate that device is there to cyconsole but won't be able to give the capabilities to the device properly.... this will cause the cyconsole to access places which it doesn't have proper access to....   
Here is what you can do... if you have a CATC tracer... hook it up and observe the enumeration sequence... if possible upload your iic file here... i'll see if i'm able to figure out the exact cause...   
0 Likes
AaronClarke
Level 1
Level 1
        Yes something like this might happen. Unfortunatly we don't have a CATC tracer.   

It's impossible to upload anything. I get this message: "The maximum attachment directory size has been reached, no further attachments can be uploaded." I will try it again later...   

It would be nice if u could figure out something. But is there no possibility to erase the eeprom? Or something like an emergency-tool or so...?   

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        In the DVK there is a switch using which you can disable the EEPROM... after booting up you can enable it and then overwrite it with a working iic file... are you using the DVK or a custom board????   
0 Likes
AaronClarke
Level 1
Level 1

Why is this question attributed to me?  Obviously someone named Andreas posted this not me!

0 Likes