Problem with the CY3684 dev board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I'm learning how to use the CY3684 development board. I was following the tutorials in the EZ-USB Advanced Development Kit User's Guide but I've encountered problems right at the 3rd tutorial - I'm not able to connect to the board using Keil uVision3. I assumed that somebody might have messed up the kit so I tried to restore the monitor. Using the EZ-USB Interface software I've dowloaded the monitor to the dev board (mon-ext-sio1-c0.hex) but I'm still unable to connect to the board. After downloading the monitor the green LED D7 lights up but that is the only effect it seems to have. The VID and PID returned by the EZ-USB Interface is 0x04B4 and 0x8613, respectively. Am I doing something wrong? How should I set the Select EEPROM and Enable EEPROM switches when downloading the monitor? Thanks for any help.   
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        It seems that the contents of the small EEPROM was damaged. I managed to restore it (using the procedure described here:    http://www.cypress.com/?rID=34127). The EEPROM now contains C0 B4 04 82 00 00 00 00. It enumerates as EZ-USB Advanced Development Board FX2LP (Keil monitor) and the green LED D7 lights on everytime I reset the board. However, I'm still not able to connect to the board from Keil uVision. The COM port settings in uVision are COM1 and 38400 which I believe is correct. Any ideas what could be wrong?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Problem solved: beside the problem with the EEPROM there was a problem with the COM port in my computer.   
0 Likes