cy8c27443 - how to use on-chip non-volatile memory for storing small amounts of data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I want to be able to store a couple words to the non-volatile memory so when the power source is removed the data is retained and can be retrieved after power up.   

Can this be done without extra memory?   

Nathan   
0 Likes
6 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        Hi Nathan,   

You can store parameters to the internal Flash using the EEPROM user module. I am attaching an example project that shows how to use an EEPROM. This project is made with PSD4.x. So, when you open this with the latest PSoC Designer version 5.0, it will prompt for changing the project structure. Select OK for the restructuring.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        great, thanks!   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I can't get the EEPROM write to succeed. First I was getting STACK Overflow (-2). Then I changed it to write 64 bytes. Now I keep getting FAILURE (-1) - even if I look through and attempt 100 tries. The temperature is set correctly - why isn't this working ?   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        Check if you have changed the security level of the corresponding Flash block in the flashsecurity.txt file to Unprotected. For example, if you are using 29466 and the flash block is 511, then you should change the security level of the last block from "W" to "U" in the flashsecurity.txt file. You can open this file from the project explorer in PSD5.0   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that was it, thanks. I guess I should read the datasheet first     I ended up running out of RAM so I had to do a lot of restructuring to get this to work, but it is working now.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello sir,

I am Hardik. can u have that example copy?

0 Likes