Drive mode problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a problem reading a Digital pin after I issue a change drive mode command. 

The pin is configured as Dig. HiZ in the configuration box, then set to one of the following, pull up, pull up/own or strong.

That part works and the pin is able to drive my output.  When I issue the drive mode command to change to Dig HiZ the output signal is disable and the signal falls to zero, (OK to this point) But when I try to read the pin it reads zero even if jumpered to VDD_IO. 

If I skip the out put section of the code and the change to dig_HiZ the pin will read the signal.  Even if the pin is already in hiZ mode issuing the command will disable me from reading the pin.

The command I am using is

Thanks for your help.

WSensor_SetDriveMode(1);   // set Dig_HiZ mode

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I understand it, HighZ digital disconnects outputs. So if You have pin configured as output You neither read notr write.

regards

Robert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the pin configured as input and output.   After outing the signal the mode is switched to HiZ so that I can read it.  It does switch and the voltage at the output starts to drop but I cant read the pin after that.  For now I am using two pins as a work around but it would be nice to get it on one pin.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to check if the proper registers have been set after issuing command.

You must trace in- to output command (DriveMode).

Another possibility is to use bidirectional pin bufoe

regards

robert

0 Likes