Promiscuous mode on WICED WIFI platform

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WeidianW_96
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

A product work as WIFI positioning device using WICED WIFI platform (BCM43362+ST MCU). In order to achieve this functionality, the wifi system needs to support Promiscuous/Monitor mode.. could you tell me  if WICE WIFI solution supports Promiscuous mode?

0 Likes
7 Replies
JoYi_1844281
Level 6
Level 6
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 likes received

WICED support monitor mode after 2.4.1 , but I don't think the ST MCU could handle this !

0 Likes

Could you guide me where can find the Monitor mode sample code in SDK ?

0 Likes

snip/easy setup on SDK2.4.1

SDK3.x not includit this yet!

0 Likes

Can you please provide more details? I have SDK2.4.1 and would like to use the WICED module in Monitor mode. I cannot see anything obvious in snip/easy_setup.

Thanks,

-Marco G.

0 Likes

It looks like that  wiced_wifi_enable_monitor_mode( ) and host_network_process_raw_packet() go a long way in doing what I need. Is it needed to scan all the channels or that is done by the monitor already? Any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

-Marco G.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Monitor mode does not modify the channel but simply passes up the stack any packets it sees on the air.

Note that you may need to define packet filters to prevent the system from being overloaded.

0 Likes

Monitor mode is working, packet filters enabled and working. Have you figured it out how to get the rssi of the received packet device?

Marco G.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes