How to write or modify the firmware program of cy7c67300?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am a newbie  , I have downloaded the CY3663 development Kit and installed it.  But I found that the firmware develop environment of  cy7c67300 is gnu tools set, which I have not heard. There are several simple example in Cy3663 development kit, but I do not know which is the firmware program ,let alone modify it ,can you give me some help?thanks. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used this chip...and in my opinion it is not EZ (easy) at all.

You might be thinking of the firmware which is in ROM on the chip itself. (And therefore cannot be written or modified)  This is the code that contains al the low level USB drivers.  You <i>can</i> get the listing for this if Cypress are feeling generous, but it is only useful for unravelling the obscure bugs that this chip is particularly good at generating.

If you are thinking of the USB application code that goes above this, the development kit contains a beginners guide (book) to installing, using and editing the application code, with explicit instructions on how to build and download your code to RAM or EEPROM.  This step by step guide should be the first thing you do with your development kit.

If this is a new project, I would ask Cypress to recommend an alternative IC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

by the way, this is an EZ-host, not a PSoC.

0 Likes