USB connectivity with PSoC 5 First touch starter kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to send data through usb  from the PSoC 5 First touch starter kit to the computer and the problem is the device does not enumerate.

I have tried example projects provided for PSoC 5: 3-button mouse, USB Interrupt Transfer Example. Everything works for building and programming the psoc, but when finished, there is no prompt with the device being added from windows and the software that handles the USB connection tells me the device is disconnected.

I also used the debugger to run the code. The following lines are an infinite loop.

while(FALSE == USBFS_bGetConfiguration())

{

/* Waiting for enumeration */

;

}

I am thinking about wheather the psoc needs a reset after programming and before acting as the USB device it is programmed to be... please give oppinions!

Thank you in advance,

Adriana

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adriana,

This issue was already discussed and workaround suggested in a topic before. You can find it by following this link:

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2233&rID=45003

Coming to the second question, as you have mentioned, there is no reset button present on the First Touch Kit.

So, you need to manually plug out and plug in back the USB cable (or Battery) powering the kit in order to reset after the device has been programmed.

Regards,

dasg

0 Likes