Opamp - matching device in design to device on chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StFa_285751
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi folks,

If I place an opamp in the designer, how can I tell whether this is implemented as opamp0, opamp1, opamp2 or opamp3 in hardware? I have placed a single opamp, but can't tell whether its output should appear at pin P0[1], P3[6], P0[0] or P3[7] (from the opamp datasheet).

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Likes
3 Replies
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

Build your design. Then look at the Design-Wide Resources Pin Editor.  The table will show you where PSoC Creator mapped the output.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stephenf555,

You can see the mapping of the opamp by referreing to the cyfitter_cfg.c file in the Workspace. In AnalogSetDefault(void), the opamp used will be specified.

Another way of determining it is as follows, In case you use an opamp but did not assign any pin in the .cydwr Pins tab, then Creator will assign one of the pins P0[0], P0[1], P3[6] or P3[7]. But looking at which pins has been chosen, you can figure out which opamp is used.

There is also provision to Force Creator to use a Specific Analog Block. Like say, in your design you want to use opamp0, then you can do so by going to 'Directives' tab in .cydwr, choose Directive Type as 'ForceComponentFixed' and force Creator to use opamp0.

0 Likes
StFa_285751
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Excellent, thanks very much folks.

0 Likes